Our crew is comprised of industry and content experts in all key areas, which when combined provide a solid foundation for the continued growth and success of the business.
The full time crew currently includes Management, Design, Technical & admin, Engineering, Fabrication & Welding, Fitout, coatings & composites as well a number of apprentices.
Tommy Ericson heads the Aus Ships Group. With a background in Naval Architecture, ship design, operation and regulatory reform he has the experience and capability to co-ordinate and take on the most demanding of maritime projects.
Tom Ryan is a qualified Naval Architect with over 12 years experience in catamaran design and construction, classification society standards and flag state compliance. Having worked with some of the most respected design houses and shipyards in the world, his expertise and experience provides the group and its clients, highly skilled technical oversight on all projects.
Rob Mulrine is a qualified marine engineer with over 30 years experience in ship repair and fleet operations including new vessel design and construction. As Project Co-ordinator, Rob is responsible for the management and co-ordination of ship repair & refit projects.
Wayne Chambers a trained aluminium marine fabricator & welder adds significantly to the boat building expertise of the group providing a proactive approach to all projects. As Production Foreman, Wayne is responsible for the resourcing, training and co-ordination of the shipbuilding, refit, repair and manufacturing sectors of the group.
Peggy Bellinger has extensive experience in the financial and reporting requirements of a modern shipyard, which combined with formal qualifications in business and accounting provide a solid foundation for the financial expertise of the group.
Nigel Hay-Smith has extensive experience in new building design and construction, classification society rules and flag state compliance. He compliments the strengths of the group combining his theoretical capability with construction experience.
Tom Pipon compliments the marine design strengths of the business with a degree in Naval Architecture and practical vessel construction experience.
Bob Sedgley compliments the marine design strengths of the business with a degree in Naval Architecture and practical vessel construction experience.
Chris Seymour brings a creative touch to the design department, supporting the team with extensive 2D drafting and 3D modelling and rendering skills.
Harrison Whalley is a technical intern with the group, completing his degree in Naval Architecture whilst learning and contributing to the modern construction methodologies.
Jake Whittle is a boat building tradesperson with significant experience and expertise in aluminium welding and associated structures. His skills are key to the quality and efficiency objectives of the group.
Ben Lewis is a qualified boat builder with years of experience in composite structures and high end interior fitouts which combined with project co-ordination experience provides for a well-rounded asset to the team.
Payton Patman is a qualified boat builder with significant expertise in aluminum fabrication and welding
Mark Silver is a qualified cabinet maker experienced in the manufacture and installation of superyacht interiors.
Chris Machin compliments the fitout team with his expertise in high end commercial interiors and marine fitouts.
Dan Beale is the group’s lead apprentice, currently undertaking a Certificate IV in marine craft construction.
- Bachelor of Engineering – Naval Architecture (Honours)
- Masters in Professional Accounting and Applied Finance
- Bachelor in Navigation & Marine Engineering
- Diploma of Business (Quality Auditing)
- Chartered Professional Engineer
- Certified Practicing Accountant
- Certificate IV in Marine Craft Construction (Boat building)
- Certificate IV in Engineering (Boilermaking)
- Certificate IV in Engineering (Fitting & turning)
- Certificate IV in Cabinet making
- Member of the Institute of Engineers Australia – Chartered Professional Engineer
- Member of the Royal Institution of Naval Architects – Chartered Engineer
- Member of the Certified Practicing Accountants Australia
- Member of the Australian Marine Exporters Group
- Chairman of the Australian Commercial Marine Group
- Board of Professional Engineers Queensland – RPEQ 10514
- National Professional Engineers Register – Australia
- Chartered Professional Engineer – UK
The Aus Ships Group is in the privileged position to access the experience and expertise of service professionals in the accounting, legal, business advisory and engineering sectors including:
- Woods Prince Lawyers
- Adrians Chartered Accountants
- Australian Commercial Marine Group
- Australian Marine Export Group
- Royal Institution of Naval Architects
- Engineers Australia
- Rivergate Marina & Shipyard
- Superyacht Australia
The ability to access professionals at this level allows the Aus Ships Group to confidently stand in the market and deliver the highest industry standards of performance, quality, safety and efficiency to its dedicated client base.
ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Get in touch
Phone: +617 3390 8455
Fax: +617 3390 8488
Mobile/cell: +61 (0)402 466 550
Office/ Shipyard: 12/ 17 Rivergate Place, Murarrie, QLD 4172, Australia
Copyright 2017 Aus Ships Group